Living Pharr Miles

New York to Los Angeles...2,462 miles
June 2013 - ???

Dallas to New York...1,391 miles
May 2010 - June 2013

Dallas to London....4,751 miles
Aug 2008 - Aug 2009


Friday, January 28, 2011

Our First Christmas and New Year's in NYC

Technically, we spent our first Christmas in NYC in Dallas :) However, that was where we wanted to be as we loved loved loved getting to see our family and friends over the Christmas holiday. But, the day before we left for Dallas we took a "Christmas Day" in NYC to view the different Christmas windows, the Rockefeller Christmas tree and take in some of the other Christmas decorations around the city.

To be totally honest, I was a little disappointed in the Christmas windows. I don't know what I was expecting exactly, but I thought they'd be grander and more Christmasy. Pics are below - decide for yourselves, and please ignore the window glare :)

Lord & Taylor Theme: Miniature Christmas Scenes









Saks Windows: Not sure of the theme - maybe aquatic?




Of course we had to go by the Rockefeller Christmas tree. However, next year we are going to need to view it at night, as I think it loses some of its radiance during the day as the sunlight drowns out the Christmas tree lights.




And, here are some other sites/decorations we saw around the city. My favorites are the oversized lights and ornaments :)


Stopped by St. Patrick's











We also stopped by Dean & Deluca's. While these treats look good I would NOT recommend Dean & Deluca's. The cupcake was kind of stale and the cookie, while cute, was rock hard. We were disappointed :(




No comments:

Post a Comment